Telford, Tennessee 37690
Over 20 years of experience in organizational development, instructional design, eLearning, facilitation, virtual training delivery, and human resource consulting. Accomplished in innovative business strategies and tactics to define and attain organizational development goals.
Areas of Expertise:
- Instructional Design
- Training Facilitation
- Organizational Development
- eLearning Technology
- Training Project Management
- Needs Assessment
- Performance Improvement
- Talent Management
- HR Benchmarking / Research
- Coaching / Mentoring
- Master of Science, Human Resource Development, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN, College of Business, GPA 3.8. 2003
- Bachelor of Science, Human Resource Development / Workforce Training, University of Tennessee, Knoxville TN, Double Minor in Psychology / Business, College of Human Ecology, GPA 3.5. 1998
- Associate of Science, Computer Science, Northeast State Technical Community College, Blountville, TN, GPA 3.1, 1995
Virginia Intermont College, Bristol, VA 2004-2009 (part-time) – 2010- May. 2014 (full-time)
Instructor / Program Manager
- Designed curricula and taught courses in: Leadership and supervision, HR Management, Entrepreneurship, E-Commerce, International HR Management, Social Media Marketing, Management Information Systems and Compensation and Benefits for traditional and non-traditional students.
- Designed online versions for several of these courses incorporating audio/video, social media elements and real-time, interactive quiz/testing features; managed the off-shore development team which converted the content for the online versions to the Moodle Open Source LMS.
HR & Training Consulting / Professional Services Company in Northeast Tennessee
Learning & Development Consultant
- Volkswagen Group of America - Designed and developed leadership and supervision courses. Consulted on learning and development strategies. Facilitated various team-building and leadership workshops for Global Fortune 100 company.
- Y-12 National Security Complex – Developed and facilitated courses on team-building (using DiSC), employee communications, and time management for a large government agency.
- Alpha Natural Resources – Conducted needs analysis, designed, developed and co-facilitated a training course on Managing Virtual Teams for entry-level managers.
- Electro-Mechanical Corporation – Facilitated courses on Delegation, Time Management, Communications, and Conflict Management for first-line supervisors and experienced supervisors at a mid-sized manufacturer of electric utility products.
- University of Virginia - Technology Development Center Designed, developed, and facilitated online and classroom training courses on topics such as: Effective Leadership, iPads in Business, SHRM / PHR Certification Courses, M.S.Project 2010, Web Technologies for Business, Leadership Communications, Powerful Presentations with Prezi, Technology@Work for small business owners.
Eastman Chemical Company (Eastman.com) 2002-2008
Fortune 500 company manufacturing more than 1200 products with annual sales of $6.8 billion and more than 12,000 employees globally.
Organizational Learning / Human Resources Consultant
Enhanced corporate eLearning programs to meet global training needs. Developed customized forms, conducted and analyzed results, and facilitated improvement sessions for managers and teams. Identified learning and skill gaps of various clients and developed learning and performance improvement solutions such as online or classroom courses, job aids, enhanced communications, management reinforcement, or work environment enhancements.
- Designed and implemented team and organizational growth projects. Facilitated and managed project teams for various organizational, individual, and team development programs in areas such as Safety, Information Technology, Marketing, Sales, and Human Resources.
- Managed project team that designed and developed a company-wide learning portal.
- Served on design team for new employee onboarding process which improved quality of new hire transition, culture assimilation, and increased time to productivity.
- Designed and implemented all aspects of global safety culture assessment which resulted in reduced injuries, better training, enhanced safety communications, and over $600,000+ in cost savings for conducting in-house.
Northeast State Community College, Blountville, TN 2009-2013
Adjunct Instructor Taught evening courses in Human Relations, Business Law, and Operations Management.
East Tennessee State University, Johnson City, TN 2005-2007
Adjunct Instructor Designed curricula and taught evening courses in Organizing and Managing Content on the Internet and Instructional Design and Development.
Independent Performance Technology Consultant / Trainer, Knoxville, TN 2000-2002
Leveraged web technologies for various types of improvement initiatives that included eLearning, training development in the area of employee disabilities, universal instructional design, needs assessments, and website development.
- Designed, developed and facilitated week - long intense workshop on eLearning technology development for human resource and training employees for Samsung International. Employees used web development tools to create their own eLearning course that utilized Flash animation, streaming audio / video, Photoshop graphics, and HTML.
- Developed online courses and resources for employment consultants in the field of disabilities and employment. Presented at several conferences on technology used.
- Served on various academic and state educational curriculum teams looking at the implementation of eLearning for the state of Tennessee that are currently being used across the state.
University of Tennessee, Knoxville 1998-2002
eLearning Instructional Technology Specialist
- Charged with enabling eLearning design and development activities for faculty and students. Provided necessary training and supported hundreds of students, faculty, and staff on web-based technology and instructional tools. Managed six-person support team and managed a technology budget over $50,000. Managed all web technologies used to develop online courses for innovative, media rich online curriculum.
- Chosen by senior leadership to serve as a strategic instructional technology consultant and developer for large workforce grant that developed one of the first online HR degree (B.S.) programs.
- · Served on campus-wide strategic team to select a course management application used to deploy interactive eLearning courses. Presented and trained regularly on the project.
Tennessee Valley Authority 1996-2001
One of the largest power utilities in the U.S. with over $8 billion in revenues and over 7000 employees.
Human Resource Assessment and Evaluation Consultant
- Provided assessment of executive education programs and training programs that supported organizations in the nuclear, business, and hydro electrical areas. Assessed and reported 360-feedback data. Served as staff support for leadership development programs and course research.
- Developed distance learning solutions via TVA’s fiber optic network that covered a 7-state region.
- Member of the Association for Experiential Education (2013-2015)
- Special guest facilitator for DiSC profile tool, MBTI, and SHRM Certification training (2010)
- International Study Abroad – China, Greece, France, Switzerland, Belgium, Germany and Italy (2007-2012)
- Society for Human Resource Management, Board Member, Northeast TN Chapter (2005-2007)
- East Tennessee ASTD – President and member (2003-2008)
- Association of Human Resource Development Students – President / Organization Co-Founder (1999-2001)
- Tennessee Valley Human Resource Association (1999-2001)
- International Society for Performance Improvement (1998-2000, 2003)
- Society for Human Resource Management (1998, 2005)
- Kappa Omicron Nu, University of Tennessee Chapter – Honor Society (1997-1999)
- 2012 ACA Educational Summit (Knoxville, TN): “Developing Future Business Technologies: Strategies and Tools for Engaging Small Business Learning Needs with Open Source Technologies.”
- 2011 NASBITE Conference (Charleston, S.C). “Teaching Outsourcing to Business Students”
- 2010 Commencement Speaker for Northeast State Community College
- College of Business and Technology, East Tennessee State University (2005-2008) – “The Web as a Job Search Tool.”
- Tri Cities Business Journal 40-Under-40 Award Ceremony (keynote) – Johnson City, TN (2008) – “Being a Successful Young Professional in the Tri Cities.”
- Local Society for HR Managements presentation (2006) "GenX-GenY Workforce and Culture – How to Manage and How to Work With"
- OSRA – Organizational Systems Research Association – Las Vegas (2002) – “Utilizing Internet Video Conferencing for Organizational Improvement.”
- ACE Web – Agricultural Communication and Education – Savannah, Ga (2002) – “Reach Out! Expanding e-learning Opportunities – Universal Instructional Design”
- DPE - National Conference for Business Educators – Nashville, TN (2001) – Research into a technology model of a virtual corporate university.
- ACES Conference – Accessing Community Employment Services – Gatlinburg, TN (2001) – “Designing Accessible Websites” and “Adaptive Internet Technology for People with Disabilities.
- MTSU – Mid-South Instructional Technology Conference, Murfreesboro, TN – “HRD Online Gateway: First Stop for Online Students and Instructors,” and “Virtual Guest Speakers for Online Instruction.”
- eLearning Technology Workshop for Samsung International, Knoxville, TN – Facilitated 8 different workshops to employees from Korean Samsung group on building eLearning.
- Tech ED –Tennessee Technology Education Conference, Nashville, TN (1999 & 2000) “The Process of Streaming Audio/Video and Classroom Uses.”
- Tennessee Virtual University Conference – Nashville, TN (1999) “HRD Online Instruction.”
- Society for Applied Learning Technology – Washington D.C. (2000) – “Knowledge Management for Online Instruction for Human Resource Development.”
- e-Tooling – “Internet Video Conference for Tennessee Teachers using Technology, Online (2000)
- Human Performance Improvement Consulting (ASTD)
- Effective Facilitator (Leadership Strategies Inc.)
- Marketing Strategies
- Project Management Breakthroughs and Project Management Best Practices
- Special training on instructional design, corporate culture and organizational development, and various workshops on instructional web technologies (online and live)
- Over 300 hours of specific safety-related training
- TEDS LMS, Moodle LMS, Blackboard CMS, Joomla CMS
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Adobe Fireworks and Photoshop
- Dreamweaver development application, Captivate, Wordpress
- InfoPath and Inquisite web survey application form development
- Various CRM and eBusiness applications
- Tri Cities Business Journal 40-Under-40 Award winner for up and coming business leaders under 40 in the Tri Cities area. 2007
- Special recognition for the creation of the “David Hite Scholarship” for individuals going into Business Education, Teaching, or Training at Northeast State Community College. 2007
- TN Scholarship Award. 2000
- Kappa Omicron Nu Student Award (National Honor Society), 1997
- "Ni Hao Ya’ll” Tri-Cities Business Journal article about my international trip to study business in China in 2008.
- Conducted research with faculty who wrote “Moving To Online” by Earnest Brewer, Vickie Stout (1999)